One of the country’s most respected financial journalists and commentators Hamish McRae is an associate editor of The Independent. He was named Business and Finance Journalist of the Year 2006 at the British Press Awards.
06 January 2015 08:26 PM
Greece could be to the euro what Northern Rock was to the banking crisis
21 December 2014 12:00 AM
18 December 2014 12:51 AM
Economic View: We are not facing anything like as grave a crisis as we have twice in the past decade
16 December 2014 07:10 PM
BT's basic business of running wires into homes and businesses is hugely profitable
14 December 2014 12:00 AM
11 December 2014 12:56 AM
09 December 2014 06:18 PM
The pressure will be on the next government to use this extraordinarily powerful tool
07 December 2014 12:00 AM
Autumn Statement: If the Chancellor can’t predict the next six months, who knows what the deficit will be in five years?
03 December 2014 07:23 PM
Differences between the parties may not be great…. Whoever is running things, the squeeze must continue
02 December 2014 07:57 PM
It turns out we need not have bothered with sanctions, for their impact has been marginal
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train