Harriet Walker is a fashion writer and columnist for The Independent.
Ri-ri for River Island: how much does Rihanna's capsule collection reflect her personal style? (what, no brolly?)
05 March 2013 06:38 PM
Rihanna isn’t the first musical hipster to go from dog’s dinner to fashion plate, but just how accurately does her new collection for River Island reflect her own personal style?
04 March 2013 12:01 AM
The shows taking place in Paris at the moment are exercises in idealism, showcasing each designer's dream woman, head to toe in looks made for her, and styled just so according to that creative vision.
04 March 2013 12:00 AM
Malene Birger is one of Denmark’s (other) greatest exports – and she’s celebrating 10 years in the business. By Harriet Walker
03 March 2013 04:23 PM
Cult TV series aside, Malene Birger is one of Denmark's greatest exports, and last month she celebrated ten years in business
03 March 2013 12:00 AM
Giles Deacon explains the inspiration behind his latest collection, an idiosyncratic integration of classicism and cartoon kitsch
03 March 2013 12:00 AM
To most people, fashion is not this season's candy colours. To most people, fashion is not even next season's shiny vinyl and leather separates. To most people, fashion is just a pair of jeans and a nice jumper.
26 February 2013 01:14 AM
A new service delivers the best undiscovered beauty products, says Harriet Walker
25 February 2013 12:25 AM
It is the biggest event in the red carpet calendar. Our style editor Harriet Walker gives her verdict on the fashion winners and losers at the Oscars.
24 February 2013 11:11 PM
Feminine with a fighting spirit: the London collections presented a sexy but strong vision for autumn 2013. Harriet Walker reports
24 February 2013 10:14 PM
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights