Helen Frances Vaudrey
Helen Vaudrey is a contributing writer to The Independent and Semperey Magazine. She enjoys blogging, travelling and classical music and is currently a second year at the Unversity of Salford studying Journalism. She has won national competitions in conjunction with Channel 4 and Media Trust and has appeared on The One Show.
17 February 2014 01:49 PM
A young Geordie man grins into the camera as he twists open a bottle of Listerine for his neknomination challenge.
10 February 2014 11:37 AM
Few things strike as much trepidation into a man’s heart as the prospect of Valentine’s Day on a tight budget. For students, the issue is a sticky one - both literally and figuratively - but one that can be solved.
29 November 2013 02:12 PM
Manchester University students’ union has been forced to make drastic cut-backs after it was revealed that they have built up a deficit of over half a million pounds.
17 September 2013 02:13 PM
What to expect from the party to end all parties
13 May 2013 03:00 PM
Potential course closures at the University of Salford could affect more than 1,000 students and 75 members of staff, according to a leaked memo.
18 January 2013 03:43 PM
Exams, like death and taxes, are one of life's few constants. If you're struggling with your revision, maybe these study tips from fellow procrastinator Helen Vaudrey might help?
Nigel Farage defends Kerry Smith 'ch***y' comment: 'If you are going for a Chinese, what do you say you’re going for?'
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Panic Saturday: 13 million Britons spend £1.2bn – while 13 million others across the country live in poverty unable to afford food
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 North Korean prison officers 'cooked prisoner's baby and fed it to their dogs', more horrific accounts from UN report reveal
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Mayor says there should be 'no comparison' to Ferguson
- 3 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 4 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 5 Isis 'did not shoot down coalition-led warplane' before capturing Jordanian pilot, says US