Hilary Lawson is a philosopher and director of the Institute of Art and Ideas. He is the founder of HowTheLightGetsIn – the largest philosophy festival in the world - and IAI TV, described as “a European TED”. Author of the non-realist theory ‘Closure’ his writings mark a post-postmodern return to metaphysics.
28 May 2013 11:11 AM
Why is it that our society discriminates in favour of brains over beauty?
05 April 2013 09:30 AM
Could self-prescription provide a more effective and efficient mechanism for treatment leading to savings in the NHS bill or are the risks too great?
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala