Holly Williams is an arts and features writer for The Independent, The Independent Magazine and The Independent on Sunday.
11 May 2014 01:15 PM
What is it like to be the distant relation of Charles Dickens, Emmeline Pankhurst or John Constable?
10 May 2014 12:00 AM
08 May 2014 11:45 AM
04 May 2014 12:00 AM
02 May 2014 10:57 AM
Exceptional production is almost unwatchable
26 April 2014 11:00 PM
Welsh TV dramas are thin on the ground. So hurrah for brilliant thriller ‘Hinterland’
23 April 2014 10:17 AM
How do we balance the right to privacy with the demands of security, in a post-Snowden age? An age where we also, quite voluntarily, upload reams of information about ourselves every day? Privacy is a big, grabby attempt by playwright James Graham to tackle that most sprawling issue-cluster: The Internet.
20 April 2014 12:00 AM
The seaside community that inspired ‘Under Milk Wood’ is about to pay it quirky tribute
16 April 2014 11:09 AM
It may have been written for children, but this is a thoroughly adult play
Former Tory donor Arron Banks ups his Ukip donation to £1million following William Hague 'nobody' comment
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered...
- 3 35,000 walrus gather on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
- 4 Brad Pitt, on the moment he completely lost his temper with Clint Eastwood's son
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >