Ian Burrell is Assistant Editor and Media Editor of The Independent.
20 November 2014 10:04 PM
The Metropolitan Police is being sued by the television presenter Mark Thomas and five other journalists who claim they were unlawfully snooped on by a little-known Scotland Yard unit dedicated to “domestic extremism”.
20 November 2014 02:26 PM
Independent.co.uk bucks industry trends to post record figures
19 November 2014 06:14 PM
700 Mhz frequency will now carry mobile data
18 November 2014 09:27 PM
Use of the word is damaging to the newspaper, which is currently fighting the 'Plebgate' libel action
18 November 2014 06:23 PM
More than 35m in China alone are involved
17 November 2014 07:26 PM
Privacy and security issues will come to the forefront
Robert Hanson - his dad was Thatcher’s favourite tycoon, but now he’s accused of selling out Venezuelan newspaper to socialists
16 November 2014 08:19 PM
Caracas staff say son of Thatcherite peer has made his paper a Socialist Party mouthpiece
16 November 2014 07:33 PM
Danny Baker, whose memoirs will be adapted for the BBC by Jeff Pope jack barnes
16 November 2014 07:27 PM
Page 3 seems to belong to the world of Dapper Laughs, the determinedly sexist comic creation of Daniel O’Reilly, who was described as “a new Jim Davidson, at his worst”
16 November 2014 07:17 PM
The convincing “No More Page 3” campaign has been running for two and a half years
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'