Ian Burrell is Assistant Editor and Media Editor of The Independent.
22 February 2015 12:00 AM
Instead of investigating, the paper lashed out hysterically
18 January 2015 12:00 AM
05 January 2015 02:47 PM
Benedict Cumberbatch and Eddie Redmayne have featured in recent editions
05 January 2015 02:38 PM
The Media Column
02 January 2015 06:35 PM
Channel commissions sitcom called Hungry from Irish writer
02 January 2015 04:47 PM
Trevor Horn talks about his plan to turn west London’s historic Sarm Studios into a musical village
Stampy Cat: Joseph Garrett's cartoon from Minecraft that is bigger than Justin Bieber – and has just been linked to Disney
01 January 2015 06:30 PM
Joseph Garrett’s YouTube hit has gone global with a Disney-backed classroom deal
30 December 2014 09:54 AM
Jane Hawking was talking ahead of the release of a biopic made about the scientist
29 December 2014 12:13 AM
Ed Richards believes relations between politicians and News Corp were 'too cosy'
28 December 2014 10:15 PM
Like Butch and Sundance, who fled the law to Argentina, they made a run for it - though perhaps not as heroically as they implied
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show
- 1 Morgan Freeman on the riot-focused coverage of the Baltimore protests: 'F**k the media'
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Length of pregnancy can vary by up to five weeks, scientists discover