Ian Burrell is Assistant Editor and Media Editor of The Independent.
04 November 2014 11:22 PM
Move comes as internet TV service predicts customer base has grown to 2 million
04 November 2014 07:17 PM
Journalists talk to parliamentary hearing on TV sexism and ageism
04 November 2014 04:27 PM
Firm currently has 2m subscribers
04 November 2014 01:41 AM
When Henry Blodget was banned from banking, the media had a field day - unfairly, he felt. Now, as he explains to Ian Burrell, his journalists are told to be fair on those in the eye of the storm
03 November 2014 03:58 PM
The Gamergate controversy has seen an outpouring of misogynistic bile aimed at women in the games sector.
03 November 2014 03:57 PM
The former Wall Strret supremo on his new venture - and why he'll always hate snark
Ian Burrell: Dutch start-up Blendle has US in its sights with New York Times Company's €3m app funding
03 November 2014 03:54 PM
Blendle's watchword is 'we hate paywalls'
03 November 2014 02:26 PM
We always need to be saying something, there needs to be a point
30 October 2014 07:32 PM
Hugh Grant said the film would highlight issues raised by Leveson
30 October 2014 06:24 PM
Russian news channel RT has launched a UK station
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 1 Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'