Imran Awan is a Senior Lecturer in Criminology at Birmingham City University. He is co-editor of the book ‘Policing Cyber Hate, Cyber Threats and Cyber Terrorism (Ashgate 2012)
24 September 2014 04:16 PM
The atrocities of Isis have been used by far-right extremists to recruit new members
29 August 2013 11:56 AM
Dr King helped me have a better understanding of the term - people who use lazy assumptions linking extremism with Muslims should also take heed
29 July 2013 04:50 PM
My research into extremism and the far right has often got me a wave of anti-Muslim hate messages - unless we report abuse it allows hate culture to permeate wider spheres of society
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 3 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 4 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 5 Bryan Cranston speaks candidly about wealth