Ishmael Beah is a former child soldier, Unicef Ambassador and bestselling author. His memoir, A Long Way Gone, is an award winning account of his time fighting in Sierra Leone's bloody civil war. Since being rescued from the fighting by Unicef in 1996, he has worked to raise awareness of children affected by war and conflict.
18 December 2012 04:44 PM
Unicef Ambassador and former child soldier Ishmael Beah says although the memories still haunt him, another future is possible for the children of war
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >