Originally from the West Country, Jack Hurley is a Leeds-based writer and former mental health professional whose perhaps unhealthy obsessions with the BBC's Question Time has helped him carve a niche in the blogosphere (http://questionabletime.com/). When not engaged in Photoshopping the same picture of David Dimbleby into progressively more farcical scenarios, Hurley can be found playing guitar in “Leeds' most random looking band”.
Yes, Helen Flanagan's meltdown on I'm a Celeb is sad. But the reality of mental illness is much sadder
28 November 2012 04:42 PM
Don't be fooled by these celebrity traumas. The camera-friendly "meltdowns" on reality TV reinforce unhelpful stereotypes about mental health
Ed Miliband says he wants to reform mental health care. My years on the front line make me sceptical
30 October 2012 12:51 PM
The Coalition's programme of cuts have had a disproportionate effect on the mentally ill and it will take more than words to fix that
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests