Jack Orlik is a writer and digital researcher who has recently completed UCL's M.Sc in Digital Anthropology. In the past he has written for Tank Magazine and Vice online, and is currently a contributing editor to Dapper Dan magazine.
Virtual reality isn't just a gaming gimmick, it could improve empathy levels and even reduce racial bias
07 January 2014 12:09 PM
This technology is about to change the way you perceive the world – and yourself
Grayson Perry’s Reith Lectures sought to make art the public's responsibility – it’s a liberating prospect
11 November 2013 11:01 AM
The previous Turner Prize winner has opened up a seemingly exclusive party to all
Beheading videos: Facebook’s focus on the ‘context’ of violent content is admirable but unachievable
24 October 2013 12:42 PM
The full experience of watching a film like this can’t be easily summed up
11 October 2013 04:52 PM
New Yorkers are charging tourists $20 to view a new Banksy work - but the Bristolian street artist commoditised himself long ago anyway
Art under Attack: Does Tate Britain's new exhibition on the history of iconoclasm have anything to say?
07 October 2013 01:27 PM
The Tate is becoming overly comfortable in its role as the quiet arbiter of British art
24 September 2013 11:41 AM
Establishment figures still fail to portray the Internet in a balanced light
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 'Kidnapped boy may have been abused and murdered by VIP paedophile ring,' say police
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school