Jack Orlik is a writer and digital researcher who has recently completed UCL's M.Sc in Digital Anthropology. In the past he has written for Tank Magazine and Vice online, and is currently a contributing editor to Dapper Dan magazine.
Virtual reality isn't just a gaming gimmick, it could improve empathy levels and even reduce racial bias
07 January 2014 12:09 PM
This technology is about to change the way you perceive the world – and yourself
Grayson Perry’s Reith Lectures sought to make art the public's responsibility – it’s a liberating prospect
11 November 2013 11:01 AM
The previous Turner Prize winner has opened up a seemingly exclusive party to all
Beheading videos: Facebook’s focus on the ‘context’ of violent content is admirable but unachievable
24 October 2013 12:42 PM
The full experience of watching a film like this can’t be easily summed up
11 October 2013 04:52 PM
New Yorkers are charging tourists $20 to view a new Banksy work - but the Bristolian street artist commoditised himself long ago anyway
Art under Attack: Does Tate Britain's new exhibition on the history of iconoclasm have anything to say?
07 October 2013 01:27 PM
The Tate is becoming overly comfortable in its role as the quiet arbiter of British art
24 September 2013 11:41 AM
Establishment figures still fail to portray the Internet in a balanced light
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition