Jack Orlik is a writer and digital researcher who has recently completed UCL's M.Sc in Digital Anthropology. In the past he has written for Tank Magazine and Vice online, and is currently a contributing editor to Dapper Dan magazine.
Virtual reality isn't just a gaming gimmick, it could improve empathy levels and even reduce racial bias
07 January 2014 12:09 PM
This technology is about to change the way you perceive the world – and yourself
Grayson Perry’s Reith Lectures sought to make art the public's responsibility – it’s a liberating prospect
11 November 2013 11:01 AM
The previous Turner Prize winner has opened up a seemingly exclusive party to all
Beheading videos: Facebook’s focus on the ‘context’ of violent content is admirable but unachievable
24 October 2013 12:42 PM
The full experience of watching a film like this can’t be easily summed up
11 October 2013 04:52 PM
New Yorkers are charging tourists $20 to view a new Banksy work - but the Bristolian street artist commoditised himself long ago anyway
Art under Attack: Does Tate Britain's new exhibition on the history of iconoclasm have anything to say?
07 October 2013 01:27 PM
The Tate is becoming overly comfortable in its role as the quiet arbiter of British art
24 September 2013 11:41 AM
Establishment figures still fail to portray the Internet in a balanced light
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist