James Ashton is Head of Business across the Independent, Independent on Sunday and London Evening Standard.
19 October 2014 10:33 PM
Sir Richard Leese, the leader of Manchester City Council for 18 years, tells James Ashton why he wants up to two-thirds of public spending to be locally controlled
17 October 2014 11:52 PM
12 October 2014 05:59 PM
The James Ashton Interview: Basildon born, the CEO of ARM Holdings, Britain’s one truly global hi-tech star, explains why he’s so optimistic about the connected home just around the corner
10 October 2014 10:15 PM
09 October 2014 07:31 PM
If GlaxoSmithKline’s tests go according to plan, the firm and its partners could produce more than 10,000 vaccines by early next year
20 September 2014 12:00 AM
19 September 2014 10:54 PM
Agenda: Silicon Valley’s challenge was always to remain relevant in the face of China’s rise as an economic superpower
13 September 2014 12:06 AM
John McFarlane should be able to restore some confidence to Barclays
06 September 2014 01:56 AM
Agenda: The art of persuading someone to part with their hard-earned cash for something they didn’t know they wanted can take you a long way
05 September 2014 03:35 PM
Cruddas unveiled pre-tax profits of £32.8 million in the year to 31 March
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'
- 1 Sean Abbott: Messages of support flood in for bowler following death of batsman Phil Hughes
- 2 Ridley Scott on Exodus, Gods and Kings casting: 'I'm not going to get it financed if my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such'
- 3 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 4 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school