James Ashton is Head of Business across the Independent, Independent on Sunday and London Evening Standard.
Thomas Cook's outgoing boss Harriet Green got by on four hours sleep a night - is that what it takes for women to get to the top?
27 November 2014 09:00 PM
Chris Saul interview: Slaughter and May purrs like a Porsche but that doesn’t mean we’re run by Buffy and Bertie
23 November 2014 11:28 PM
The James Ashton Interview: Slaughter and May is set apart from other City firms because, like the car, it is ‘progressively evolved and high-performance’ – says senior partner who is driving business
22 November 2014 12:25 AM
15 November 2014 12:12 AM
07 November 2014 11:48 PM
07 November 2014 12:00 AM
'The good news is, it is about to come'
02 November 2014 11:31 PM
She knows that education – particularly getting girls interested in physics – is key to making it happen
31 October 2014 11:11 PM
31 October 2014 06:33 PM
Redrafting of letters spelling out how well she knew Lord Brittan clearly offered grounds to dismiss her
27 October 2014 12:03 AM
The James Ashton Interview: The film director who took Bridget Jones to the edge of reason has found a new outlet for her energy. And woe betide anyone who tells her it’s a battle that she can’t win
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'