James Ashton is Head of Business across the Independent, Independent on Sunday and London Evening Standard.
31 October 2014 11:11 PM
31 October 2014 06:33 PM
Redrafting of letters spelling out how well she knew Lord Brittan clearly offered grounds to dismiss her
27 October 2014 12:03 AM
The James Ashton Interview: The film director who took Bridget Jones to the edge of reason has found a new outlet for her energy. And woe betide anyone who tells her it’s a battle that she can’t win
24 October 2014 11:32 PM
19 October 2014 10:33 PM
Sir Richard Leese, the leader of Manchester City Council for 18 years, tells James Ashton why he wants up to two-thirds of public spending to be locally controlled
17 October 2014 11:52 PM
12 October 2014 05:59 PM
The James Ashton Interview: Basildon born, the CEO of ARM Holdings, Britain’s one truly global hi-tech star, explains why he’s so optimistic about the connected home just around the corner
10 October 2014 10:15 PM
09 October 2014 07:31 PM
If GlaxoSmithKline’s tests go according to plan, the firm and its partners could produce more than 10,000 vaccines by early next year
20 September 2014 12:00 AM
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees