James is a political journalist and editor of Left Foot Forward. He has previously written for the Observer, the Independent on Sunday, the Irish Independent, the Huffington Post, Red Pepper and Jacobin.
28 May 2013 01:33 PM
There seems to be a reluctance to admit that there are worse things in the world than the British establishment. This is hamstringing the left's response
03 May 2013 02:22 PM
The issues that will define the 2015 election are economic, where Ukip is weakest
29 April 2013 04:35 PM
Opposing class interests still exist, but Old Labour needs some fresh ideas
22 March 2013 03:16 PM
The backlash against this invasion discredited the idea of humanitarian interventions
08 March 2013 01:16 PM
'El Comandante' ruined Venezuela's economy and brushed aside human rights
08 February 2013 02:02 PM
Too often commentators do not weigh the human cost of Western inaction
The Game and Real Social dynamics: Is the seduction community pushing the idea that ‘no’ just means ‘not yet’?
24 January 2013 08:00 AM
This form of teaching 'how to pick up women' can have a darker meaning
11 January 2013 03:49 PM
Anybody who believes the life chances of a child shouldn't be determined by their parents' bank balance must recognise the tragedy of our education system
03 January 2013 12:06 PM
The Tories prioritise being "tough" on benefits above being correct about them
21 December 2012 05:23 PM
The UN has rightly called for a ban on female genital mutilation
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters