James is a political journalist and editor of Left Foot Forward. He has previously written for the Observer, the Independent on Sunday, the Irish Independent, the Huffington Post, Red Pepper and Jacobin.
26 September 2014 04:04 PM
A Western alliance with Assad would be based on two colossal misunderstandings of the situation in Syria
19 September 2014 09:25 AM
If it doesn’t, then politics could turn very nasty indeed
10 September 2014 03:30 PM
They have forgotten the message of Danny Boyle's opening ceremony: that Britain is more than a country of career politicians and bullying bankers
20 August 2014 03:27 PM
Those who have spent the past 10 years warning against intervention need to wake up
12 August 2014 04:34 PM
It's the question that's baffling the left. But like the Nazis, it's impossible to try and explain the thinking behind their extremist beliefs
14 July 2014 02:05 PM
Why isn’t the same level of concern shown for the world’s many other seemingly intractable problems?
25 June 2014 12:47 PM
Does Ed Miliband really have a mummy problem?
18 June 2014 12:03 PM
Whether or not you opposed the war in 2003 - you were wrong
10 June 2014 12:45 PM
Get angry about people playing the system by all means, but start at the top and work your way down if you expect to be taken seriously
04 June 2014 11:19 AM
A disadvantaged child will nearly always and everywhere become a disadvantaged adult
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train