James Cusick is political correspondent of The Independent and The Independent on Sunday. As an experienced member of the lobby, he has previously worked at The Sunday Times and the BBC. His career as a journalist has been split between print and television, including senior positions as producer with Sir David Frost and at BBC Newsnight. He is also an award-winning golf and travel writer, working for over a decade as the UK contributing editor for one of the USA’s leading golf magazines. He broadcasts regularly for the BBC and CNN. He lives in London.
14 November 2014 06:39 PM
'Give Scots the power we demand, or Scotland will vote to take it'
13 November 2014 05:15 PM
Outgoing SNP leader hopes to stand for another Westminster seat
10 November 2014 08:50 PM
Programme-makers had been given permission to show recent photos of the 'Fake Sheikh'
07 November 2014 06:25 PM
Journalist cannot be named for legal reasons
06 November 2014 07:18 PM
A former journalist at the Sunday Mirror who was investigating a soap star’s alleged relationship with a gangland boss, has pleaded guilty to phone hacking.
02 November 2014 12:00 AM
31 October 2014 06:52 PM
Total payment now £11.3bn
30 October 2014 06:30 PM
Emails suggest interception was used routinely
29 October 2014 06:47 PM
Exclusive: Four new files of allegedly incriminating documents handed to police
29 October 2014 12:17 AM
DfT accused of using unrealistic analysis
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'