James Legge is an online writer for The Independent
11 December 2013 01:12 PM
Argentinian beats off Bashar al-Assad and Miley Cyrus, among others
10 December 2013 02:37 PM
Political battles don't just involve policies and speeches. These guys are always trying to one-up each other, and Christmas is no exception. The festive cards sent out by the country's biggest political leaders are as good a time as any to score a point or two, and send out a message about the kind of guy (they're all guys) you are.
Here we take a look at some of this year's offerings.
09 December 2013 02:00 PM
Law Commission calls for statute 'giving greater clarity' rather than current use of contempt laws
06 December 2013 01:46 PM
Court says the former Ku Klux Klan leader also arrested in Czech Republic 'suspected of promoting the launch of a movement for the suppression of human rights'
06 December 2013 01:17 PM
Officer told alleged victim that the CPS had decided not to pursue the case, when she had never passed the file to them
06 December 2013 12:28 PM
A father from Nottingham said he was "fuming" after forking out £450 online for a brand new Xbox One console, only to be sent a picture of the console in the post.
06 December 2013 05:49 AM
A man in Leeds has been charged with the attempted murder of two police officers.
04 December 2013 01:55 PM
Letter to newspaper read: 'This is no joke'
04 December 2013 12:16 PM
Asked about his family, Onyango Obama told the court: 'I do have a nephew. Barack Obama. He's the president of the United States'
03 December 2013 01:57 PM
Brown tree snakes have caused numerous costly problems
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial