James Moore is Deputy Business Editor at The Independent.
04 May 2015 12:00 AM
The accountancy firm is the biggest private sector employer of graduates
02 May 2015 12:34 AM
Investors were also pleased with the lack of further provisions for payment protection insurance
01 May 2015 10:05 AM
30 April 2015 01:16 AM
The bank majority would be used to cover a huge penalty for the part its traders played in a City-wide conspiracy to rig foreign exchange rates
30 April 2015 01:11 AM
Outlook Lloyds and RBS have typically considered it prudent to assume the position and take what regulators give them. Given that they’re state backed, this is the cheapest and most prudent option.
30 April 2015 01:10 AM
Outlook Barclays wants to tell you that what is described in the City as its “underlying business” is doing just fine.
29 April 2015 01:15 AM
Outlook Forget the political Punch and Judy show over the headline numbers. Britain’s economy faces some serious issues, and they are not being addressed.
29 April 2015 01:13 AM
Outlook Trust the civil service to do something sneaky in the midst of an election campaign.
29 April 2015 01:12 AM
28 April 2015 02:32 AM
In defence of liberal democracy
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
- 1 Technology company Alibaba posts job advert asking for 'stunning' women with qualities of adult film actress Sora Aoi
- 2 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 3 'Fire at every person you see': Israeli soldiers reveal they were ordered to shoot to kill in Gaza – even if the targets may have been civilians
- 4 Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
- 5 Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want