James Thompson is a business reporter at The Independent.
09 June 2013 12:00 AM
Leading investors in Puricore, a specialist in both endoscopy treatment in the UK and keeping fruit fresh in the US, are planning to vote against executive pay at the annual meeting this month.
08 June 2013 03:49 AM
Fuller, Smith & Turner is looking to expand cider maker Cornish Orchards after buying the business for £3.8m.
07 June 2013 12:00 AM
Marc Bolland, the chief executive of Marks & Spencer, saw his bonus rise by a quarter last year, despite the company's profits tumbling for a second consecutive year.
06 June 2013 01:55 PM
Sir Philip Green’s Topshop today took a major step on its journey to become a truly global brand by opening its first store in China.
06 June 2013 12:00 AM
Sainsbury's chief executive, Justin King, pocketed more than £4m last year after the grocer increased its profit for the eighth consecutive year.
05 June 2013 03:15 PM
The Dreams chief executive Nick Worthington is set to leave the UK's biggest bed retailer three months after it was acquired by a private-equity firm.
05 June 2013 01:47 PM
Tesco says the horsemeat scandal and dire trading on big-ticket electricals is responsible for a decline in its UK sales.
05 June 2013 12:00 AM
Members of the insurance group Royal London have backed its £219m takeover of the Co-operative's life insurance and asset management unit.
04 June 2013 01:57 PM
The chief executive of Home Retail enjoyed a sharp rise in his total pay last year, despite the company behind the Argos and Homebase chains suffering a fall in profits.
04 June 2013 01:54 PM
Fashion retailer New Look has bounced back into profit after a turbulent year and unveiled plans for a rapid opening programme in China.
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent