Jennifer Fleetwood is a lecturer in Criminology at the University of Leicester. She is currently writing a book on Women in the International Drug Trade to be published next year.
30 August 2013 03:59 PM
More needs to be done to support the hundreds of Brits arrested abroad every year
14 August 2013 06:18 PM
In reality, most drug mules are men – some willing, others coerced
Grandmother Lindsay Sandiford's cocaine sentence: Executing drug mules isn't just inhumane. It’s also pointless
23 January 2013 01:00 PM
Drug mules are sentenced as if they were drug barons - it's not right, and it won't stop the drugs trude
The case of Lindsay Sandiford in Bali: Why are drug mules are sentenced as if they were drug barons?
20 December 2012 01:43 PM
Around the world people face execution or their lives in prison because they were tricked into becoming a drugs mule
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 The awkward moment Sarah Palin raised $25,000 for Hillary Clinton's election campaign
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Baldness could soon be treated using stem cells, scientists hope