Joan Bakewell is a broadcaster, writer and life peer
23 November 2013 02:22 PM
An engaging exploration of the brutal realities for yesteryear's feminists
01 September 2013 09:29 PM
David was blessed with a stratospheric confidence and insouciance about pulling off the impossible
This week's big questions: How has the BBC changed since the 1960s? Was it a mistake to appoint a 17-year-old Youth Police Commissioner?
12 April 2013 04:54 PM
This week's questions answered by broadcaster, writer and life peer Joan Bakewell
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat