Joe Gammie is a newly qualified journalist, trying to apply reason and philosophy to the events of everyday life. Blogs about politics, philosophy and anything else which grinds his gears.
Whether you call it #Unishambles or not, education is becoming available only to those who can afford it
26 October 2012 11:15 AM
As The Independent reported this week, there is a giant black hole in university funding. The people who will pay for it are the undergraduates of the future
22 October 2012 05:06 PM
The seminal drama was very much a document of its times. But even a cursory glance at history proves the themes and roles it portrayed are nothing new
28 February 2012 12:41 PM
If competing with out of town shopping centres and the boom in internet shopping wasn’t enough for high streets to contend with, the 5,200 shops that closed last year because of the recession is another example of the old saying that bad news comes in threes.
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death