Joe Gammie is a newly qualified journalist, trying to apply reason and philosophy to the events of everyday life. Blogs about politics, philosophy and anything else which grinds his gears.
Whether you call it #Unishambles or not, education is becoming available only to those who can afford it
26 October 2012 11:15 AM
As The Independent reported this week, there is a giant black hole in university funding. The people who will pay for it are the undergraduates of the future
22 October 2012 05:06 PM
The seminal drama was very much a document of its times. But even a cursory glance at history proves the themes and roles it portrayed are nothing new
28 February 2012 12:41 PM
If competing with out of town shopping centres and the boom in internet shopping wasn’t enough for high streets to contend with, the 5,200 shops that closed last year because of the recession is another example of the old saying that bad news comes in threes.
- 1 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police