John Bird is the founder of ‘The Big Issue’. He spent periods in orphanages and on the street as a child, and in prison in adult life.
This week's big questions: Are you worried by the rise of Ukip? What do you do when you pass someone sleeping rough?
21 December 2012 06:47 PM
This week's questions are answered by John Bird, founder of The Big Issue
16 February 1997 12:02 AM
02 February 1997 12:02 AM
07 September 1995 12:02 AM
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 1 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 The Gaza fisherman who built his own reef - and was shot dead there by an Israeli gunboat