John Cooper QC
John Cooper QC is a barrister whose cases have included the Judicial Review of the Dr David Kelly inquest. He represented Paul Chambers in the “Twitter joke trial” and is Visiting Professor of Law at Cardiff University.
19 November 2012 02:37 PM
It might seem like a sensible cost-cutting measure, but sweeping away the public's right to oppose Government decisions could have serious consequences
13 September 2012 09:16 PM
It's our easy faith in the authority of the police and the government that makes these cover-ups so shocking. After so many hush-ups we should learn to trust them less.
27 July 2012 05:11 PM
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 4 Penis size: Study revealing 'what's normal' sends international media into meltdown
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for