John Kevin Curtice is an academic who is currently Professor of Politics at the University of Strathclyde
14 November 2012 12:00 AM
To emerge as the winner, Labour will need to outperform its current poll position
31 March 2012 12:00 AM
"The most sensational result in British by-election history, bar none," was George Galloway's proud boast on being declared Bradford West's new MP. Well almost, and, perhaps more importantly, maybe not the most significant by-election success ever.
15 January 2012 12:00 AM
17 November 2004 12:00 AM
The secret wish of most Labour MPs must be: "Oh that spring were here." Our latest NOP poll indicates Labour has opened a nine-point lead over Conservatives. If that were to materialise at the election, nearly every Labour MP could hold their seat, and Tony Blair would have a secure third term.
09 June 2004 12:00 AM
One of the rituals of election night is the sight of politicians trying to argue that their party has done well irrespective of the outcome. At least one party usually has an easier job than the others. However, when the results of tomorrow's local and London elections are declared, all three main parties could be struggling.
27 November 1999 12:02 AM
16 September 1999 12:02 AM
08 September 1999 12:02 AM
01 June 1999 12:02 AM
06 April 1999 12:02 AM
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist