John Kevin Curtice is an academic who is currently Professor of Politics at the University of Strathclyde
25 November 2012 11:00 PM
Analysis: Recent figures suggest a 1 per cent swing from Conservative to Labour in 2015
Worrying for the Conservatives, a rebuff for the Lib Dems and good - but not spectacular - for Labour
16 November 2012 05:51 PM
14 November 2012 12:00 AM
To emerge as the winner, Labour will need to outperform its current poll position
31 March 2012 12:00 AM
"The most sensational result in British by-election history, bar none," was George Galloway's proud boast on being declared Bradford West's new MP. Well almost, and, perhaps more importantly, maybe not the most significant by-election success ever.
15 January 2012 12:00 AM
17 November 2004 12:00 AM
The secret wish of most Labour MPs must be: "Oh that spring were here." Our latest NOP poll indicates Labour has opened a nine-point lead over Conservatives. If that were to materialise at the election, nearly every Labour MP could hold their seat, and Tony Blair would have a secure third term.
09 June 2004 12:00 AM
One of the rituals of election night is the sight of politicians trying to argue that their party has done well irrespective of the outcome. At least one party usually has an easier job than the others. However, when the results of tomorrow's local and London elections are declared, all three main parties could be struggling.
27 November 1999 12:02 AM
16 September 1999 12:02 AM
08 September 1999 12:02 AM
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'