John Elliott is a British journalist based in New Delhi. He has been in South Asia for more than 20 years and writes a current affairs blog, Riding the Elephant - http://ridingtheelephant.wordpress.com/
04 April 2013 03:46 PM
Gandhi’s problem is that he is starting from a very low base in his current bid to win public acceptability
19 March 2013 11:21 AM
The dream is that the e20 could become the first electric automobile to make a profit
13 March 2013 12:36 PM
Is Rahul Gandhi, heir to head India’s top political dynasty, preparing not just to renounce the prime minister’s job, as his mother Sonia did in 2004, but also to organise events so that the chances of the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty continuing far into the future are greatly reduced?
20 February 2013 08:20 AM
David Cameron, Britain’s prime minister, has ended his rather over-done public relations blitz in India with a sombre and respectful visit to the Jallianwala Bagh site of the 1919 Amritsar massacre, one of the worst atrocities of British rule, which he described as a “deeply shameful event in British history”.
20 January 2013 06:07 PM
03 January 2013 11:54 AM
29 December 2012 03:11 PM
23 December 2012 04:10 PM
21 December 2012 01:44 PM
18 December 2012 01:36 PM
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'