John Gray is an English political philosopher and former School Professor of European Thought at the London School of Economics and Political Science. Gray is a regular contributor to several national newspapers and lead book reviewer at the New Statesman. His latest book is 'The Silence of Animals: On Progress and Other Modern Myths' published by Allen Lane.
15 November 2013 07:00 PM
An idealist reflects on the seduction of politics – and his failure to make a mark
22 February 2013 07:00 PM
This book tells the disturbing and important story of how major thinkers abetted genocide
This Week's Big Questions: Is progress a myth? Is al-Qa'ida's threat disappearing? What is the place of royalty in modern society?
22 February 2013 05:46 PM
This week's questions are answered by political philosopher and author, John Gray
Unapologetic: Why, Despite Everything, Christianity Can Still Make Surprising Emotional Sense, By Francis Spufford
08 September 2012 12:00 AM
A church champion scores in his grasp of human frailty; his local bias carries less conviction
14 August 1999 12:02 AM
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27