Dr John Sentamu is the Archbishop of York
20 April 2015 05:57 PM
Billions are spent from the public purse each year to top up the incomes of low-paid workers, yet 1m people could be lifted out of poverty by paying them the Living Wage
10 February 2014 12:36 AM
Support for the Living Wage extends right to the top
The big questions: Is milk too cheap? Are the Games worth it? Should young people work for experience?
27 July 2012 08:00 PM
Answered this week by John Sentamu
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Katie Hopkins has just written a piece so hateful that it might give Hitler pause – why was it published?
- 4 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
- 5 Cancel Sky at your peril: man spends 96 minutes in chat but fails to get rid of service