John Siminster writes for the motoring section of The Independent.
29 April 2012 12:00 AM
It's got technodazzle, but is the new Mercedes SL lacking something?
22 April 2012 12:00 AM
Chevrolet's Aveo is at its most battle-ready in its greenest form
15 April 2012 12:00 AM
Porsche's Boxster sheds its apologetic skin to reveal the beast within
08 April 2012 12:00 AM
Can the go-kart feel of Peugeot's 208 make the brand fun again?
25 March 2012 12:00 AM
Can VW's Alltrack (horsebox optional) convince 4x4 neigh-sayers?
11 March 2012 12:00 AM
For the 59 judges from across Europe, six of them from the UK (including me), this was shaping up to be a close contest. Last Monday, the European Car of the Year (COTY) winner was to be revealed at the Geneva Motor Show for the first time. Could Volkswagen's Up mini-car beat Vauxhall's electric-petrol Ampera? Or would high technology rule, as it did in 2011 when the electric Nissan Leaf won?
04 March 2012 12:00 AM
Out of the shadows: Will a new model finally get the Lexus GS sports saloon noticed?
26 February 2012 12:00 AM
Take the high road: How do three new versions of VW's latest compact measure up?
12 February 2012 12:00 AM
Enter Hyundai's Veloster – the first three-door car to add up
05 February 2012 12:00 AM
Why the new Bentley GT is all the better for downsizing its engine
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she "lied" to husband about failed drugs tests