Prolific writer and commentator John Walsh contributes columns to the paper as well as writing features, interviews and restaurant reviews. He has been editor of The Independent Magazine, literary editor of the Sunday Times and features editor of the London Evening Standard.
15 April 2015 03:38 PM
We’re now alarmed not by twinges but by what could be a faulty reading on a device
11 April 2015 12:00 AM
25-26 Red Lion Street, London WC1 (020-7242 7900)
01 April 2015 08:00 PM
31 March 2015 09:28 AM
He had a phenomenal knowledge of languages, philosophy, religions and more, on top of his writing
28 March 2015 12:00 AM
ABode Exeter, Cathedral Yard, Exeter (01392 319955)
14 March 2015 12:00 AM
Upperton Road, Tillington, West Sussex (01798 342332)
12 March 2015 10:20 PM
We’re in trouble if women are going to treat fluent conversationalists, good listeners and warm smilers as crypto-sexists
11 March 2015 06:18 PM
Some behaviour patterns may warrant suspicion, but ‘benevolent sexism’ is going too far
28 February 2015 12:00 AM
65a Brushfield Street, Spitalfields, London E1 (020-7101 0093)
The small Irish town of Athenry has a special place in my heart. What might the arrival of Apple do to it?
27 February 2015 04:24 PM
Soon eight long, white, bungaloid structures will appear in Derrydonnell Forest
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Kylie Jenner challenge: Bizarre lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bruce Forsyth backs assisted dying campaign: 'If I had Alzheimer's or dementia I would do something about it'
- 5 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'