Prolific writer and commentator John Walsh contributes columns to the paper as well as writing features, interviews and restaurant reviews. He has been editor of The Independent Magazine, literary editor of the Sunday Times and features editor of the London Evening Standard.
29 August 2015 12:00 AM
Life as a librarian: How a young man's attempt to follow in the footsteps of Philip Larkin and Casanova ended in ignominy
16 August 2015 04:01 PM
I came across as an annoying, pedantic little busybody - that’s why I was fired
13 August 2015 06:35 PM
Exploring a national obsession with cars
01 August 2015 12:00 AM
27 July 2015 08:02 PM
Aspiring writer? Why slog your way through sample chapters when some literary agents are inviting social-media pitches in only 140 characters? John Walsh starts practising
18 July 2015 12:00 AM
04 July 2015 03:47 PM
Level 33, The Shard, 31 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY (020 3011 1257)
04 July 2015 12:00 AM
03 July 2015 06:48 AM
Authors' Club president John Walsh surveys the contenders
25 June 2015 08:30 PM
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition