Prolific writer and commentator John Walsh contributes columns to the paper as well as writing features, interviews and restaurant reviews. He has been editor of The Independent Magazine, literary editor of the Sunday Times and features editor of the London Evening Standard.
23 May 2015 12:00 AM
The Kings Arms, Midhurst Road, Fernhurst, Surrey, GU27 3HA (01428 644090)
Frances de la Tour interview: From Shakespeare to Rising Damp, the actress has lit up stage and TV for 50 years - and found new fans in Vicious
22 May 2015 06:00 PM
John Walsh on Thomas Vinterberg's Far from the Madding Crowd: I'm shocked someone thinks such a classic film needs a remake
22 May 2015 08:00 AM
Carey Mulligan seems to have spent her entire film career in tears
09 May 2015 12:00 AM
36 Golborne Road, London W10 (020 3752 0530)
08 May 2015 06:44 PM
He ran seven marathons in seven days on seven continents. Can you even name seven continents?
08 May 2015 11:42 AM
The service at the hotel is phenomenal: everyone is solicitous of your welfare and happiness without undue fawning
Percy & Founders, restaurant review: 'The food is adventurous but the décor makes you feel like you're in a Victorian hospital waiting room'
25 April 2015 12:00 AM
1 Pearson Square, Fitzroy Place, London W1 (020-3761 0200)
15 April 2015 03:38 PM
We’re now alarmed not by twinges but by what could be a faulty reading on a device
11 April 2015 12:00 AM
25-26 Red Lion Street, London WC1 (020-7242 7900)
01 April 2015 08:00 PM
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises