Prolific writer and commentator John Walsh contributes columns to the paper as well as writing features, interviews and restaurant reviews. He has been editor of The Independent Magazine, literary editor of the Sunday Times and features editor of the London Evening Standard.
15 January 2015 10:30 PM
14 January 2015 05:50 PM
A new study has suggested police should recharge with regular 'power naps'
13 January 2015 08:01 PM
The scene of some pretty eye-popping behaviour over the years is being chopped up and sold for charity. It can't dish the dirt, but John Walsh can...
Charlie Hebdo attack: The battle between political cartoonists and the forces of censorship has been going on for centuries
08 January 2015 09:30 PM
John Walsh traces the rich history of political satire and its power to provoke extreme reactions
31 December 2014 07:16 PM
A faithful recreation of the Viking invasion seems unfeasible
27 December 2014 12:00 AM
8-10 Exmouth Market, London EC1 (020-7278 5333)
26 December 2014 04:01 PM
Some showed insight, some showed a complete lack of insight, and some simply left us baffled
17 December 2014 07:47 PM
Small, apparently harmless things can turn into bloody great delinquent savage things
13 December 2014 12:00 AM
St Anne's Court, London W1. About £30 a head before drinks or service
11 December 2014 07:17 PM
‘Largest retrospective ever in Europe’ offers everything from his first record to gold telephone – except images of Elvis’s early decline
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain