Prolific writer and commentator John Walsh contributes columns to the paper as well as writing features, interviews and restaurant reviews. He has been editor of The Independent Magazine, literary editor of the Sunday Times and features editor of the London Evening Standard.
27 November 2014 11:05 AM
Have they seen the price of a one-day travelcard?
19 November 2014 06:31 PM
The coming release of “Marley Natural” is another sign that the forces of Babylon are cashing in on the reggae musician's legacy
19 November 2014 12:00 AM
12 November 2014 07:27 PM
On no account should you cover the First Lady with blankets, or attempt to take her pulse
08 November 2014 12:00 AM
05 November 2014 06:18 PM
No one should be coerced or bullied into displaying sympathy for a cause – doing so renders the gesture worthless
01 November 2014 12:00 AM
16 High Street, Ealing, London W5 (020-3067 0007)
23 October 2014 06:56 PM
John Walsh pays tribute to the glam rock singer with the quiff
23 October 2014 02:52 PM
Dylan Thomas, the celebrated Welsh poet who raged against the dying of the light, would have had his 100th birthday this month
18 October 2014 12:00 AM
14 Garrick Street, London WC2 (020-7240 5778). £45 per head, without wine
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 250,000 back our campaign
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train