Jonathan Aitken is a former Conservative MP and Cabinet minister who was convicted of perjury in 1999. He served 7 months of an 18-month prison sentence. Today he is President of Christian Solidarity Worldwide
11 March 2013 12:25 PM
The former Tory MP, who was jailed for perjury, says prisons are mostly humane – and a good place to shed delusions
08 January 2011 12:00 AM
In a column published in October 2011, the former Tory MP, who was jailed for perjury, said prisons are humane and a good place to shed delusions
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 Canadian woman suing police who locked her in van with sex offender who then raped her