Joy Lo Dico
Joy Lo Dico splits her time between the Evening Standard and Soho's the Other Club
29 August 2015 12:00 PM
Granta books - £14.99
11 July 2015 12:00 PM
Fourth Estate - £20
20 July 2014 12:00 AM
In 1987, Van Gogh's Sunflowers sold at auction at Christie's for just under £25m, then the highest price ever fetched for a painting. "There are only 10-15 people in the world, and the Getty Museum, who can afford that sort of money," one dealer observed at the time, as the buyer's identity remained concealed.
17 October 2013 06:29 PM
The most innocent party here is the young De Piero
10 October 2013 06:28 PM
No one is congratulating the men who pay for sex for their contribution to a local economy, but the issue here is one vice against another – greed versus lust
10 August 2013 06:00 PM
Open your eyes, before you get going
03 August 2013 06:00 PM
Beauty lies buried under brutal history
14 July 2013 12:01 AM
A darn good rubberneck at others’ errors
01 June 2013 07:30 PM
The men who tarried with a Virgin Queen
26 May 2013 12:00 AM
Britain should stop complaining and change its tax laws, search-engine chief Eric Schmidt tells Hay festival audience
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Britain to take more refugees as Cameron bows to pressure after more than 100,000 back our campaign
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
- 1 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 2 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 3 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
- 4 Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train