Julian has been the comedy critic for The Independent since 2003. He is also the author of The Rough Guide to British Cult Comedy, www.textualhealing.co.uk
Dawn French: 30 Million Minutes, Theatre Royal Brighton, comedy review: 'A rage against the machine'
26 June 2014 03:36 PM
It's French's life force, rather than her celebrity, that is under the spotlight
17 March 2014 09:17 AM
Wembley Arena, London
02 March 2014 06:03 PM
Miranda Hart: My, What I Call, Live Show Bournemouth International Centre
13 February 2014 01:37 PM
Ambassadors Theatre, London
29 January 2014 09:04 AM
Hexagon Theatre, Reading
28 January 2014 12:16 PM
Bentley's Oyster Bar & Grill, London
22 January 2014 01:14 PM
Soho Theatre, London
03 January 2014 05:30 PM
Julian Hall picks this year’s must-see comedy
28 December 2013 12:00 AM
"Bo Burnham: What", Pleasance Grand, Edinburgh Fringe, August
09 December 2013 12:01 PM
The Forum, London
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair