Julian has written for the New Statesman, London Review of Books and openDemocracy among others. He is an experienced touring cyclist and writes frequently about world politics by bicycle. A book about his 2009 circumnavigation by bicycle is waiting to be published. He blogs at http://thisisnotforcharity.blogspot.com/
11 October 2012 01:29 PM
As Scottish 16 and 17-year-olds win the right to vote on Scottish independence, should the Government lower the voting age across the UK? Have your say below
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)