Julian has written for the New Statesman, London Review of Books and openDemocracy among others. He is an experienced touring cyclist and writes frequently about world politics by bicycle. A book about his 2009 circumnavigation by bicycle is waiting to be published. He blogs at http://thisisnotforcharity.blogspot.com/
11 October 2012 01:29 PM
As Scottish 16 and 17-year-olds win the right to vote on Scottish independence, should the Government lower the voting age across the UK? Have your say below
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
Indonesia executions live: 'Hysterical' families heard prisoners being shot dead by firing squad
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
EU exit would hit UK economy much harder than neighbouring countries, study finds
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 3 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen