Kaliya Franklin is an experienced disability rights campaigner, writer and speaker. She blogs at the 2012 Orwell Prize shortlisted blog Benefit Scrounging Scum, was voted one of the top 10 most influential users of twitter in 2011 (@BendyGirl), founded the lobbying group The Broken of Britain and was an author of the 'Spartacus Report'
14 January 2013 02:44 PM
The current assessment takes a narrow view, asking whether a disabled person can or can't perform everyday activities. This needs to be more nuanced.
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
- 1 Secret Cinema interview: Why were Back to the Future screenings cancelled?
- 2 Christians: The world's most persecuted people
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop