London-born Kate Figes is the author of two novels and five non-fiction books, mostly about family life and relationships. katefiges.co.uk. Her latest book ‘Our Cheating Hearts: Love & Loyalty; Lust & Lies’ has just been published by Virago
22 May 2013 05:38 PM
After decades of putting family first, juggling the work-life balance, a woman can be forgiven for feeling this is now her time. Let's hear it for "silver separation"
19 December 1999 12:02 AM
04 September 1999 12:02 AM
19 June 1998 12:02 AM
04 January 1998 12:02 AM
28 December 1997 12:02 AM
21 June 1997 12:02 AM
29 December 1996 12:02 AM
10 November 1996 12:02 AM
31 December 1995 12:02 AM
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
- 1 Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
- 2 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 4 1000 people played Foo Fighters simultaneously to try and get them to play their city
- 5 Every club should be like Labour – you can’t join as a new member unless you’re already a member