Kate Smurthwaite is a performer and political activist. She teaches English voluntarily for WAST, Women Asylum Seekers Together in East London.
01 October 2013 12:28 PM
There's more than meets the eye to the man behind the cloth
17 July 2013 09:30 AM
These elitist and exclusionary men-only clubs are not there to boost the shocking low numbers of men who play regular golf
29 May 2012 03:38 PM
“How do you spell ‘murdered’?”. One of the group had written to her MP who had agreed in response to contact the Home Office in support of her application.
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster