KM Abel is Professor of Psychological Medicine and Director of the Centre for Women's Mental Health at University of Manchester and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at Manchester Mental Health & Social Care Trust.
22 April 2013 01:42 PM
Caring for a relative in France prompted our writer reflect on British healthcare
21 December 2012 12:38 PM
'Big Pharma' has become a villain of the modern age, but where does their responsibility for public health end and individual responsibility begin?
27 November 2012 02:42 PM
The actions of the African warlord provide a useful route into the sort of ethical question that adults don't ask nearly often enough
04 October 2012 12:27 PM
A leading psychiatrist notes how it's become achingly fashionable to obsess over how our diets can affect our longevity. But do you know we're living longer already?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 4 Jozef Wesołowski: Former Catholic archbishop found dead ahead of child sexual abuse trial
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night