KM Abel is Professor of Psychological Medicine and Director of the Centre for Women's Mental Health at University of Manchester and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at Manchester Mental Health & Social Care Trust.
22 April 2013 01:42 PM
Caring for a relative in France prompted our writer reflect on British healthcare
21 December 2012 12:38 PM
'Big Pharma' has become a villain of the modern age, but where does their responsibility for public health end and individual responsibility begin?
27 November 2012 02:42 PM
The actions of the African warlord provide a useful route into the sort of ethical question that adults don't ask nearly often enough
04 October 2012 12:27 PM
A leading psychiatrist notes how it's become achingly fashionable to obsess over how our diets can affect our longevity. But do you know we're living longer already?
Thousands of teenage girls enduring debilitating illnesses after routine school cancer vaccination
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
Michael Gove determined to scrap the Human Rights Act – even if Scotland retains it
Threat to scrap Human Rights Act could see UK follow Nazi example, warns UN official
Church of England 'one generation away from extinction' after dramatic loss of followers
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner's mother Ester thought her daughter, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, had transitioned for money
- 2 Charles Kennedy 1959-2015: A gifted, compassionate politician whose career was cut short by the 'demon drink' - latest news
- 3 Alton Towers crash: Four seriously injured and 16 guests trapped as Smiler ride carriages collide
- 4 Ann Summers survey reveals the UK's favourite sex position
- 5 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say