KM Abel is Professor of Psychological Medicine and Director of the Centre for Women's Mental Health at University of Manchester and Honorary Consultant Psychiatrist at Manchester Mental Health & Social Care Trust.
22 April 2013 01:42 PM
Caring for a relative in France prompted our writer reflect on British healthcare
21 December 2012 12:38 PM
'Big Pharma' has become a villain of the modern age, but where does their responsibility for public health end and individual responsibility begin?
27 November 2012 02:42 PM
The actions of the African warlord provide a useful route into the sort of ethical question that adults don't ask nearly often enough
04 October 2012 12:27 PM
A leading psychiatrist notes how it's become achingly fashionable to obsess over how our diets can affect our longevity. But do you know we're living longer already?
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins