Katie Grant writes news and features for The Independent, i, Independent on Sunday and Independent Voices.
07 May 2014 08:54 PM
Details of hair washing and war, love and piety are all found between the covers of the memoirs collected in a new exhibition and archive. These insights are anything but everyday
06 May 2014 10:24 PM
06 May 2014 12:00 AM
02 May 2014 12:00 AM
01 May 2014 12:00 AM
29 April 2014 10:43 PM
22 April 2014 12:00 AM
This is what happens when you give your stylist the Easter break off…
21 April 2014 12:00 AM
What’s the perennial pop star been up to now?
17 April 2014 12:00 AM
The lonely shepherdess?
16 April 2014 12:00 AM
With great power comes great responsibility…
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Myleene Klass: Ed Miliband 'strikes back' by comparing UK's need for Labour's mansion tax to Hear'Say track
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'