Kieran Yates is a freelance writer on music and politics for The Independent, NME, The Metro and Dazed and Confused
21 June 2013 05:06 PM
Those who would shame a man on the street might not react the same if they witnessed a celebrity argument. That's a depressing reality for women in the public eye
05 March 2013 01:52 PM
Advertising has crept into everyday life so subtly that we now forget to be outraged - this is a case of corporate identity replacing female identity
24 December 2011 12:54 PM
This is the year that more than ever, publishers represented what was really happening in British culture.
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'