Kiri Kankhwende is a member of Writers of Colour. She has a background in human rights campaigning and writes about race and immigration.
02 May 2014 11:12 AM
Black people are, as Lenny Henry said, woefully under-represented in the media
11 February 2014 01:24 PM
A person cannot be inherently illegal, though they may be engaged in illegal activities
10 November 2013 11:27 AM
We've seen decades of dehumanising narratives about black people. Was Renisha McBride killed because she was implicitly considered suspicious?
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins