Kiri Kankhwende is a member of Writers of Colour. She has a background in human rights campaigning and writes about race and immigration.
02 May 2014 11:12 AM
Black people are, as Lenny Henry said, woefully under-represented in the media
11 February 2014 01:24 PM
A person cannot be inherently illegal, though they may be engaged in illegal activities
10 November 2013 11:27 AM
We've seen decades of dehumanising narratives about black people. Was Renisha McBride killed because she was implicitly considered suspicious?
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke
- 1 Malaysia issues arrest warrant for Gordon Brown’s sister-in-law after she publishes stories on leader Najib Razak's financial affairs
- 2 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 3 Natalia Molchanova: World's most successful free-diver missing and feared dead after disappearing in Mediterranean
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims