Laura Chesters is a business reporter and covers the consumer, food, drink and luxury goods sectors on the business desk at The London Evening Standard, i, The Independent and The Independent on Sunday
13 December 2014 12:22 AM
The power couple who ran Gucci have gone, and in comes an insider charged with making the designer label even more exclusive
12 December 2014 11:40 AM
Italian mega brand Gucci is parting company with is chief executive and creative director – the husband and wife team Patrizio di Marco and Frida Giannini - after poor sales.
10 December 2014 01:20 PM
The state-backed bank plans to pull out of fixed-income trading in the Asian country and cut staff back to less than 50
09 December 2014 12:08 PM
ASOS warned international business remains challenging
05 December 2014 01:01 AM
As the retailer reveals dire first-half results, a Christmas campaign, fresh strategy and new creative director offer some salvation
05 December 2014 12:55 AM
The boss of the brewer and pubs group behind the Hungry Horse chain yesterday claimed to be giving “swanky hotels” a run for their money with its Christmas parties.
04 December 2014 12:03 PM
The group's shares down 70% after plans to sell expensive £2000-plus bags backfired
01 December 2014 09:09 AM
Tory vice-chairman end four-year court fight over the brand that dressed Jagger and Cher
27 November 2014 12:26 PM
Shares jumped more than 7% as investors welcomed the news
25 November 2014 05:13 PM
Small and independent retailers are hoping to persuade shoppers to back Small Business Saturday, another shopping import from the US that follows hot on the heels of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors: 'I think as far as coloured actors go it gets really difficult in the UK'
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers