Laura Chesters is a business reporter and covers the consumer, food, drink and luxury goods sectors on the business desk at The London Evening Standard, i, The Independent and The Independent on Sunday
25 September 2014 04:10 PM
Property giant raises close to £400 million in surprise fundraising
25 September 2014 12:24 PM
Clothing giant H&M has reported a sharp slowdown in sales as shoppers delayed purchases of winter items following a mild September.
24 September 2014 02:45 PM
TNT Express, the Dutch delivery firm, has issued a profit warning today as eurozone weakness hit its margins.
24 September 2014 01:09 AM
Patience paid off in the City yesterday as the long-awaited floats of the British shoe brand Jimmy Choo and Edinburgh-based housebuilder Miller Homes were confirmed.
24 September 2014 01:08 AM
The pub group behind Hungry Horse and Loch Fyne restaurants wants to gobble up smaller rival Spirit Pub Co in a £700m deal.
23 September 2014 01:17 PM
The firm blames shortfall on competition and supply-chain problems
23 September 2014 07:41 AM
Shoe giant will float a 25% stake in the company in the LSE
22 September 2014 04:54 PM
The emerald miner behind jewellery brand Fabergé posted a sparkling set of results today, returning to profit.
22 September 2014 12:29 PM
Unite warns of death of 'traditional milkman' as Dairy Crest boss defends decision to close bottling plant
22 September 2014 01:59 AM
Luxury brand has about 120 directly operated shops across the world
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'