Laura Chesters is a business reporter and covers the consumer, food, drink and luxury goods sectors on the business desk at The London Evening Standard, i, The Independent and The Independent on Sunday
14 October 2014 12:53 AM
Jean Tirole, who has studied regulation and oligopolies since the 1980s
13 October 2014 12:30 PM
Tirole’s book The Theory of Corporate Finance analyses the impact of regulation on corporations in the modern economy
13 October 2014 01:35 AM
Falcon’s new Fine Art funds will enable collectors to retain possession of their artwork
Microsoft's Satya Nadella under fire after saying women 'shouldn't as for pay raise because it's not good karma'
10 October 2014 12:41 PM
Nadella claimed not asking for a pay raise makes a female employee more 'trustworthy' and karma ultimately pays off
08 October 2014 05:30 PM
Firms have six months to appoint at least one woman to their board
08 October 2014 11:57 AM
Scare over old meat hit sales at the fast-food chain’s Chinese outlets
06 October 2014 11:48 AM
The funding package includes a share sale and debt restructuring that will see the French theme park de-listed
03 October 2014 04:42 PM
Brand is going head to head with American rival Krispy Kreme
01 October 2014 01:05 AM
Both the Government and the Opposition have pledged to make ethnic diversity in the boardroom as high profile an issue as the fight for more women at the top.
30 September 2014 04:01 PM
Biggest single investment in Selfridges.com since website launch
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
Food banks: One million Britons will soon be using them, according to Trussell Trust
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 1 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 2 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor are reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 3 Giorgio Armani criticises the way some gay men dress saying 'a man has to be a man'
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'