Laura Chesters is a business reporter and covers the consumer, food, drink and luxury goods sectors on the business desk at The London Evening Standard, i, The Independent and The Independent on Sunday
29 September 2014 12:52 AM
The proposal is based on the industry in the United States where individuals get a small slice of the revenue
29 September 2014 12:43 AM
Sir Richard Branson’s banking venture Virgin Money is expected this week to confirm plans for its float
29 September 2014 12:39 AM
The UK’s shops are hoping to reverse the current downturn in tourism spend with a boost from a massive influx of Chinese shoppers this week.
26 September 2014 01:36 PM
American sportswear giant Nike has emerged as the winner of the World Cup after it reported a sharp rise in profits, leaving rivals Adidas and Reebok knocked out.
26 September 2014 11:29 AM
The Brazilian consortium hoping to buy US banana giant Chiquita stepped up its fight today as Fyffes improved the terms of the deal.
25 September 2014 04:10 PM
Property giant raises close to £400 million in surprise fundraising
25 September 2014 12:24 PM
Clothing giant H&M has reported a sharp slowdown in sales as shoppers delayed purchases of winter items following a mild September.
24 September 2014 02:45 PM
TNT Express, the Dutch delivery firm, has issued a profit warning today as eurozone weakness hit its margins.
24 September 2014 01:09 AM
Patience paid off in the City yesterday as the long-awaited floats of the British shoe brand Jimmy Choo and Edinburgh-based housebuilder Miller Homes were confirmed.
24 September 2014 01:08 AM
The pub group behind Hungry Horse and Loch Fyne restaurants wants to gobble up smaller rival Spirit Pub Co in a £700m deal.
Nigel Farage: NHS might have to be replaced by private health insurance
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
George Galloway condemns 'racist, Islamophobic, hypocritical rag' Charlie Hebdo at freedom of speech rally
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
- 1 Benedict Cumberbatch says Hollywood is better for black British actors: 'I think as far as coloured actors go it gets really difficult in the UK'
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers