Laura Chesters is a business reporter and covers the consumer, food, drink and luxury goods sectors on the business desk at The London Evening Standard, i, The Independent and The Independent on Sunday
06 September 2014 01:53 AM
The British retailer best known for its chintzy fabrics and dresses has made a dramatic return to fashion, as profit and shares jumped yesterday.
04 September 2014 01:06 AM
The man behind LVMH has agreed to stop buying into luxury goods group Hermès - for now
02 September 2014 03:42 PM
Redrow unveiled a 91 per cent jump in full-year pre-tax profit to £132.6 million for the year to June
02 September 2014 01:33 PM
Denim manufacturer DNA Limited is selling the brand's intellectual property
01 September 2014 01:06 PM
Tony Pidgley said the market has 'reverted to normal transaction levels from the high point in 2013'
01 September 2014 12:37 AM
Some 70 per cent of counterfeit goods seized at EU borders originate from China
29 August 2014 01:36 PM
The purveyor of €6,000 Birkin handbags has beaten forecasts with half year operating profit up 6.3 per cent despite currency exchange issues.
29 August 2014 01:53 AM
The microchip supplier behind Beats by Dre headphones and Bluetooth speaker docks pulsed up to the top of the mid-tier table yesterday on news that it had received a bid from its American rival Microchip Technology.
28 August 2014 09:51 AM
US jewellery group Tiffany & Co posted forecast beating earnings yesterday with a 16 per cent jump in net profit to $124.1m.
26 August 2014 09:12 AM
A new British handbag brand that is targeting shoppers who have found Mulberry too expensive has opened its first shop as its wholesale sales jump by nearly a third.
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights