Laura Chesters is a business reporter and covers the consumer, food, drink and luxury goods sectors on the business desk at The London Evening Standard, i, The Independent and The Independent on Sunday
29 April 2014 12:34 AM
28 April 2014 08:13 AM
25 April 2014 08:19 AM
24 April 2014 11:38 PM
24 April 2014 11:37 PM
Men now make up 40 per cent of the luxury goods market - and the proportion is growing
23 April 2014 12:56 PM
Eurostar has posted a 7 per cent increase in sales boosted by strong demand for business travel during the first three months of the year.
22 April 2014 01:01 PM
Philips shares fell more than 7 per cent after the world's largest lighting company said weaker business in emerging markets and a strong euro hurt profits in the first quarter.
19 April 2014 12:01 AM
Global demand for chocolate is pushing the price of cocoa beans to a three-year high as West African farmers struggle to keep up with demand.
19 April 2014 12:01 AM
Virtu Financial delays share sale as spotlight falls on controversial practice
18 April 2014 12:00 AM
Mulberry performed a strategic U-turn yesterday, pledging to cut the prices of its high-end handbags as it issued its fourth profit warning in two years.
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Police shoot and kill second young black man near Ferguson
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 4 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence