Nigerian schoolgirls kidnapped: Military 'had advance warning' but failed to act, Amnesty International claims
09 May 2014 02:48 PM
Security forces were given more than four hours warning before the girls were abducted, the human rights group have said
Afghanistan landslide: Over 2,000 feared dead in remote north-eastern village after mountainside collapses
03 May 2014 08:00 AM
The local Governor is concerned that the search operation is being hindered by a lack of appropriate equipment
03 May 2014 12:21 AM
02 May 2014 08:16 PM
02 May 2014 08:10 PM
25 April 2014 09:30 PM
20 April 2014 12:01 AM
Expert says all we can do now is try to preserve the remaining populations
18 April 2014 11:44 PM
Tory MP David Davis calls plan 'borderline insane'
12 April 2014 12:07 AM
Aboutalebi was said to be linked to the group that stormed the US embassy in Tehran in 1979 and held 52 Americans hostage for more than a year
11 April 2014 08:47 PM
Ten people were killed and 34 injured when a truck veered across a highway to slam head-on into a bus packed with more than 40 high school students near Orland, 150 miles north of San Francisco.
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football