02 May 2013 08:38 PM
A culture that developed in the City of London under which bankers accepted hospitality including strip club outings, holidays, prostitutes and even drugs from brokers helped created conditions under which the Libor rate could be fixed, it was claimed.
25 April 2013 06:31 PM
More than 50 new cases of measles have been identified in the last two days in the Swansea area with the total expected to reach 1,000 by the weekend.
25 April 2013 06:29 PM
Radical feminist publication Spare Rib is to be relaunched as a glossy magazine and website as feminist alternative to “PR and celebrity-filled women’s” publications, according to reports.
23 April 2013 10:16 PM
Derelict homes are being offered for just £1 as part of a scheme to transform a rundown area of Stoke-on-Trent.
23 April 2013 08:32 PM
High street bookmakers are to repay stakes placed on horses caught up in one of the biggest doping scandals in British racing history.
22 April 2013 12:49 AM
Scientists and ministers were at loggerheads last night as they blamed one another for letting plans to protect Britain's marine wildlife and habitats descend into "confusion and disarray".
17 April 2013 04:49 PM
A clampdown on movements in and out of a Bernard Matthews poultry farm has been imposed after a strain of bird flu was identified.
17 April 2013 04:42 PM
Maurice Wrightson drove into rocks and trees to avoid plunging over precipice
13 April 2013 12:27 AM
The former head of a school where a teacher sexually abused pupils has been banned from teaching.
12 April 2013 11:21 PM
Irish nanny Aisling Brady McCarthy has been charged with murder in the US after the death of a baby.
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government